Start each day with a positive thought and a nutritious breakfast. Dig into this hearty quinoa and kefir pesto bowl to inspire your morning mood! This vibrant recipe is full of healthy fats, fiber, and protein, making each spoonful is a hearty reminder to rise and shine with a smile on your face.
- ¼ cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 1½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 1½ cups fresh kale leaves
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 large eggs, softly boiled
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the pesto: add the kefir, kale, basil, garlic, Parmesan cheese, pistachios and a pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper into the pitcher of a high-powered blender or a food processor. Pulse until a few chunks remain, but the sauce is mostly smooth. Set aside.
- To prepare the bowls: divide the cooked quinoa or grain of choice into to bowls. Spoon over 2-3 tablespoons of kefir pesto. Chop each egg in half (or slice as desired) and distribute evenly between bowls.
- Add half of the avocado to each bowl, followed by half of the pistachios and chia seeds. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add additional pesto or plain kefir to reach desired creaminess.