Love cooking Italian food? Then our Farmer Cheese is the perfect ingredient for you! It’s a creamy, tangy, and soft cultured cheese that complements bold flavors. This spread is nutritiously abundant with 13g of protein, 12 live and active probiotics, and calcium. *Chef’s Kiss* So grab your favorite ingredients, start your oven or grill, and make our Roasted Bruschetta Flatbread this Toast Tuesday.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1 flatbread, (pre-made)
- 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/2-1 cup bruschetta, drain the liquid out
- 1 cup fresh arugula
- salt/pepper to taste
- lemon zest, for garnish
- olive oil, for garnish
- balsamic glaze, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread Farmer Cheese over flatbread. Evenly distribute it.
- Top with drained bruschetta and arugula.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the bottom of the flatbread is crispy.
- Garnish with balsamic glaze, olive oil, salt, and lemon zest.
- bruschetta: diced tomatoes, julienned basil leaves, diced red onion. Toss with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil.