Ready for a totally rad(ish) #ToastTuesday? Try our Sautéed Radish and Bacon Toast. Elevated by Lifeway Farmer Cheese, this is a simple #recipe with a complex flavor. Our #smallbatch cheese is a tasty and easy way to fortify your meals with #protein and #probiotics. Served atop toasted sourdough, the mild spice of radishes, the mellow sweetness of onions, the sharp bite of cucumbers, the savory warmth of bacon, and the cool, tangy flavor of Lifeway Farmer Cheese create a medley of flavor that is absolutely mouthwatering. Check out the link in our bio for the #recipe.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 strips of Bacon
- 2-3 tbsp Farmer Cheese
- 2-3 radish bulbs
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- Slice onions and radishes
- Over medium heat, add a dab of olive oil. Once the olive oil is heated up, add in sliced onions and radishes, cook until onion is soft. Remove and set aside
- Cook bacon until crispy, let cool and then crush up
- Chop cucumber into slices and then cut into fourths.
- Add all cooked and uncooked ingredients you have prepared into a bowl, and mix together.
- Spread farmer cheese onto toasted sourdough, add a scoop of your veggies and bacon in the bowl, top with everything bagel seasoning, salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil.