S’mores inside? Yes, please! Welcome the flavors of the campfire into your kitchen with our S’mores Summer Tart. This creamy dessert is stacked with a nutty crust, decadent chocolate, whipped farmer cheese, caramel, and marshmallow. Not only is this treat layered with goodness, but it’s packed with protein and probiotics. Craving something sweet?
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 10 Graham Crackers
- 10 tbsp butter melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 bag of dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 oz Farmer Cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 oz marshmallow fluff
- 2 oz Farmer Cheese
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Crust: In a blender or food processor, blend down the graham crackers. Throw in all other ingredients and blend until slightly sticky. Layer crust in tart pan.
- Chocolate layer: Bowl water in pan, and in a stove safe bowl, place overtop of the boiling water, add chocolate and oil and cook down until smooth
- Cream layer: With a hand mixer, blend together all ingredients until creamy
- Caramel layer: Whisk together all ingredients for caramel sauce over medium heat for 3 minutes (do not boil).
- Topping: With a hand mixer, mix down butter and two cups of powdered sugar until smooth. Slowly add in marshmallow fluff, farmer cheese, and vanilla extract mix until smooth. Slowly add the rest of the powdered sugar until thick.
- Tart Instructions: After laying down the graham cracker crust in a tart pan, layer in the chocolate, cream, and caramel layer, freeze in-between each layer.
- Place in freezer for 4-5 hours or overnight. Top with marshmallow mix and enjoy.