Skip the cereal. Instead of processed foods, we’ve got a breakfast made from clean, all-natural ingredients and loaded with the nutrients you need to get your day started right. Our Strawberry Peach Overnight Oat Parfaits are made with Lifeway Oat, an upgraded oat milk that’s loaded with both probiotics and prebiotics for optimal gut health. This dish balances sweet strawberries and flowery peaches with hearty organic oats, flax, and chia seeds for a fantastic flavor, too. It’ll fill you up without weighing you down, and it’s quick and easy for an on-the-go lifestyle. Mix this recipe before you go to bed and enjoy it when you wake up!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 2-5 mins
- 3 cups Strawberry Oat
- 2/3 cup organic rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 tbsp. ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh peaches, diced
- A small dash of your favorite sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave, pure stevia extract, etc.)
- In two mason jars, add the following to each jar: 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 tbsp. ground flax meal, 1/2 tsp. chia seeds, 1/4 cup fresh sliced strawberries, and 1/4 cup fresh diced peaches. Pour 1 1/2 cups of Strawberry or Peach Lifeway Oat milk over the top of the mixture in each jar, then stir well to combine until everything is mixed completely.
- Top with freshly sliced fruit of your choice, a dash of your favorite sweetener if you want, and place in the fridge overnight to set. In the morning or 4-6 hours later, remove and serve. Enjoy!
- Substitute Peach Lifeway Oat in place of Strawberry if desired.