It only takes a few minutes to prep a nourishing recipe that you’ll truly enjoy waking up to tomorrow morning – our Apricot and Poppyseed Overnight Oats. Our protein-rich, gut-healthy Vanilla Kefir is mixed with a combination of oats, poppy seeds, and chia seeds and then topped with tart apricot compote. 🍑 Oats are a good source of carbs and fiber, including beta-glucan, which may help support the immune system. Poppy seeds are rich in manganese, which may be beneficial for bone health. Chia seeds are filled with antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids. When mixed with our kefir, which is packed with probiotics, protein, and calcium, you have a snack that will help keep your gut healthy and your body thriving.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- Apricot compote ingredients
- 12 ripe apricots
- 1/2 orange
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- poppyseed oats ingredients
- 1 cup Vanilla Kefir
- 3 cups Oats (can use gluten free oats)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix together the kefir, oats, poppy seeds, chia seeds, and lemon juice in a container and refrigerate overnight or 4-5 hours.
- Halve and core the apricots and cut the halves apart again in the middle. Cut up the orange and put the apricots, orange juice, orange, 1 teaspoon orange peel and the sugar in a pot and bring to the boil once. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Allow for it to cool for a few minutes, pour into a jar and refrigerate until serving.
- When ready to eat, layer the overnight oats and apricot compote.