Put that bundle of fresh peaches to good use and make our beautiful Summer Peach Tarts. They’re a gorgeous addition to any summer spread. Start with the crust by mixing oats, nuts, and quinoa in a food processor, then add in maple syrup and coconut oil and process until the mixture resembles a wet sand texture. Press the mixture into the tart tin and refrigerate while preparing the filling. Blitz a mixture of ripe peaches and lemon juice in a food processor, then mix into a medium-sized bowl with maple syrup, arrowroot powder, agar powder, and our probiotic peach kefir. Pour the mixture into the crust and refrigerate for four hours. Once they’re finished, decorate your tarts with sliced peaches, fresh berries, and mint leaves. Make sure to stock up on peaches while they’re in-season for the summer. They’re tart, tangy, and very healthy. They have vitamin C to support immunity; soluble and insoluble fiber for healthy digestion; and antioxidants, which fight against oxidative damage to the cells in your body. With health benefits like that, you’ll want to make these tarts all summer long.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 14 medium pitted dates
- 3 large ripe peaches
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup Peach Whole Milk Kefir
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp agar agar powder
- TOP with peach slices, blueberries, and mint leaves
CrustGrease a loose-bottom tart tins with coconut oil and set aside.
- Place oats, nuts, and quinoa in a food processor and mix until coarsely ground. Add maple syrup and coconut oil, then add dates and process altogether until the mixture resembles wet sand texture.
- Firmly press the crust mixture into the bottom and sides of the tins, then place in the fridge, while you prepare the filling.
FillingPeel the peaches and cut into smaller pieces. Place them together with the lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Pour the peach whole milk kefir into a medium bowl, then add peach puree and maple syrup and stir together. Add cornstarch and agar powder and keep stirring until both have completely dissolved.
- Strain the filling mixture into a small bowl, then transfer it to the tart bases. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight. Decorate with fresh peach slices, blueberries, and mint leaves. Enjoy!