Tangy, juicy, and sweet, our Tropical Wildberry Smoothie is just the burst of sunshine you need to start your morning. Made with Organic Whole Milk Mixed Berry Lifeway Kefir, this gut-healthy blend is a dream come true for healthy living. Filled with vitamins, macronutrients and micronutrients, it’s a great way to pack a great amount of nutrition into one easy meal. You can also mix up the fruits you use and choose whatever flavor of Lifeway Kefir suits your taste if you want to get creative with the base recipe. Enjoy!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including your immune system and digestive system.Servings: 3 larger or 4 smaller smoothies
- 1–2 cups Lifeway Organic Mixed Berry Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¾ – 1 cup orange juice with pulp
- Layer One: in the pitcher of a high-powered blender, add one half of the frozen bananas, the frozen pineapple, frozen mango and ¾ cup of orange juice. Blend on high until smooth, adding remaining orange juice if needed, until thick consistency is reached.
- Pour the contents of the pitcher evenly into three glasses.
- Layer Two: rinse out the pitcher with water and add 1½ cups of Lifeway Wildberries & Cream Organic Whole Milk Kefir, the remaining banana and the frozen mixed berries. Blend on high until smooth, adding remaining kefir, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- Slowly pour or spoon the pitcher contents on top of the first smoothie layer in the separate cups. Garnish with fresh orange slices, additional berries, pineapple or mango chunks, if desired.