Tangy, juicy, and sweet, our Tropical Wildberry Smoothie is just the burst of sunshine you need to start your morning.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
- 1–2 cups Lifeway Organic Mixed Berry Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced and divided
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ¾ – 1 cup orange juice with pulp
- Layer One: in the pitcher of a high-powered blender, add one half of the frozen bananas, the frozen pineapple, frozen mango and ¾ cup of orange juice. Blend on high until smooth, adding remaining orange juice if needed, until thick consistency is reached.
- Pour the contents of the pitcher evenly into three glasses.
- Layer Two: rinse out the pitcher with water and add 1½ cups of Lifeway Wildberries & Cream Organic Whole Milk Kefir, the remaining banana and the frozen mixed berries. Blend on high until smooth, adding remaining kefir, if needed, until desired consistency is reached.
- Slowly pour or spoon the pitcher contents on top of the first smoothie layer in the separate cups. Garnish with fresh orange slices, additional berries, pineapple or mango chunks, if desired.