Continuing our partnership with Chicago’s Academy for Global Citizenship, we’re proud to be the presenting sponsor this year’s Chef’s Playground benefit, which brings together some of the nation’s most elite chefs for a school lunch-themed night of food and fun.
The Academy for Global Citizenship
With a mission is to empower all students to positively impact the community and world beyond, the Academy for Global Citizenship is a Chicago Public Charter School, located on the Southwest side of Chicago that uses an innovative and holistic approach to education. It aims to foster systemic change and inspire the way society educates our future generations. Much more than just a school, the AGC strives to:
- Serve the whole child
- Model academic excellence
- Develop inquirers
- Cultivate international awareness
- Foster environmental stewardship
- Facilitate collaboration within the community
So far, since the school has opened, AGC has:
- Produced 851 kilowatts of energy solar panels
- Hosted visitors from 11 different countries
- Sent staff to visit 102 different countries
- Diverted 37.5 lbs of materials from landfill through recycling and composting, each week
- Served 88,000 organic meals per year
- Impacted 350 students and future leader
The Chef’s Playground event is the AGC’s premier benefit and will feature school-lunch themed dishes from culinary greats throughout the city. As sponsors of the event and the AGC, we will be on site sharing our favorite deconstructed frozen kefir sundae bars and sharing our passion for childhood nutrition, education and global citizenship with event attendees.
Sound like the kind of event for you? Good! Tickets are still available. Visit http://agcchicago.org/chefsplayground/ to grab yours today. If you can’t make the Thursday night event, you can still make a donation. We promise, it’ll go to a great organization!