Seamus Mullen is back with another healthy recipe! This refreshing gazpacho can easily transition from a light lunch to the perfect appetizer for your summer dinner party. The freshness of the tomato, sweetness of the watermelon, and tang of the kefir work in perfect harmony to make this dish a crowd pleaser.Servings: Makes around 4 cups
- 1 cup Lifeway Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 cups vine ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 cup seedless watermelon, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, smashed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup white wine vinegar
- ½ cup red bell pepper, seeded
- ½ cup English cucumber, peeled and seeded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, diced to garnish
- ½ cup watermelon, diced to garnish
- handful of sprouts or basil, to garnish
- Combine all the ingredients except the olive oil into a large mixing bowl.
- Place the bowl into the refrigerator and let it marinade for at least an hour.
- Add everything in the mixing bowl to the blender and process until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. (If you cannot run your blender's motor with the lid off, add the olive oil in batches, blending thoroughly each time.)
- Serve in a glass, garnish with diced avocado and diced watermelon. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a sprig of torn basil or sprouts.