These Avo Fudgesicles are so delicious, you’re definitely going to want to make them for the family. All you have to do is mix maple syrup, ground cinnamon, vanilla extract, sea salt, avocados, raw cacao powder, and our plain kefir in a food processor. Run it until the mixture is completely smooth and spoon into a popsicle mold. Freeze your pops for at least three hours and they’re ready to go! Avocados are a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants, and our kefir has 12 live and active probiotic cultures that may balance the gut microbiome. It’s a seemingly indulgent treat that will make everyone feel good inside and out.
The Good Kind of Fats
Half an avocado has around 115 calories and 6.7 grams of heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, which are crucial for brain development, linked to lower blood pressure, and may reduce risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Vitamin C (6mg) – which supports immunity and tissue growth/repair
- Folate (60mg) – necessary for brain, nervous system and cardiovascular functions
- Vitamin K (14 mg) – essential for strong bones and blood clotting
- Vitamin E (1.3 mg) – an antioxidant that protects against free radical tissue damage (free radicals from cigarette smoke, air pollution, and ultraviolet light from the sun).
- Potassium (345 mg) – avocados contain more potassium than bananas. Potassium is linked to healthy blood pressure levels, bone health, and supports digestion.
- Fiber – half an avocado contains almost five grams of dietary fiber. This fiber not only helps you feel fuller longer (meaning less snacking throughout the day), but it also supports and helps regulate digestion. A win-win!
- Lutein and zeaxanthin – may help maintain healthy eye-sight.
- 2 large avocados
- 2/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Add the ingredients for the fudgesicles to a food processor and process until completely smooth.
- Spoon the fudgesicle mixture into your popsicle mold.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, until completely set up. Enjoy!