Sweet ripe peaches, creamy Farmer Cheese and a bright balsamic reduction are the perfect toppings for a healthy summer pizza, made with our favorite Simple Mills Pizza Dough Mix! Good thing to box makes two crusts, because you’re sure to go back for seconds!
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 1 box Simple Mills Dough Mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 to 2 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh basil
- Balsamic Reduction (recipe in directions)
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Balsamic Reduction: in a heavy-bottomed sauce pan, bring 2 cups of high-quality balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid has reduced by half. Cool and set aside until ready to serve.
- Prepare Simple Mills pizza dough according to package directions, but do not bake. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium-high heat. Using tongs, place sliced peaches on the grates of the pan and cook 2-3 minutes, or until scorch marks appear. Flip and cook and additional 1-2 minutes until warmed through.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet or pizza stone and place one of the crusts on the center of it. Cook for five minutes, then remove from oven and spread with Farmer Cheese. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Top with peaches and fresh basil and return to the preheated oven. Bake 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and warmed through.
- Remove crust from oven and drizzle balsamic reduction. Serve with additional salt, pepper or Farmer Cheese, if desired.