We gnocchi a thing or two about good recipes, and our Gnocchi Farmer Cheese Pasta in a Garlic Bowl is one of the best. This is a warm and cozy meal where soft gnocchi is complemented by the bold flavor of garlic, sweet tomato and herbs, and the smooth and mild sensation of Lifeway Farmer Cheese. Serving it in a delicious sourdough bread bowl makes this a perfect Toast recipe that you’re going to want to revisit over and over again this fall.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 30 mins Servings: 2-4
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 cup, for topping Farmer Cheese
- fresh basil, fresh parmesan for topping
- Sourdough bread loaf
- 2 cloves of garlic, roasted
- 1/2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Roast garlic clove (chop top off the clove, add to aluminum foil, drown in olive oil) add to air fryer for 15-20 minutes on 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together room temp butter, chopped basil, Italian seasoning, and roasted garlic.
- Cut sourdough loaf into squares, cut a circle out of the top of each square piece so it resembles a bowl.
- Spread garlic butter all over the bread bowl. Toast for about 12-14 minutes on 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan over medium/high heat, bring water to boil and cook Gnocchi according to box directions. Reserve some pasta water when draining.
- In a skillet on medium heat, melt 3 tbsp butter. Add minced garlic, minced shallot, and diced onion. Add in salt and pepper and cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste and crushed red pepper and combine.
- Add in heavy cream, parmesan, pasta, and reserved pasta water (about 1 cup) and stir to combine.
- Top with Lifeway Farmer Cheese, basil, fresh parmesan and add to garlic bread bowl. Enjoy!