With the help of pickled beets, kefir, and patience, these dashingly delicious Kefir Deviled Eggs are the perfect addition to any party.
- 1 Tbsp Lifeway Organic Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 1 16-ounce jar of pickled beets
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp crushed peppercorns
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh rosemary, pickled beets, and Farmer Cheese, to garnish
- Hard boil your eggs using your preferred method. When you're done cooking the eggs, shock with cold water, remove the shells, and set aside.
- To prepare the brine, pour the pickled beets into a large jar or bowl. Add the apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, crushed peppercorns, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Gently place the peeled eggs into the brine, submerging them completely. Cover the jar and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or up to three days.
- Remove the eggs from the brine and cut each in half. Scoop out the yolks and put them in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the mustard, kefir, curry, vinegar, and olive oil to the bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture is too thick, add additional kefir until desired consistency is reached.
- Using a pastry bag or plastic bag with the corner cut off, pipe the yolk mixture back into the egg halves. Garnish with chopped rosemary and pickled beets.