Nothing compares to these Farmer Cheese Blueberry Muffins if you’re looking for a delicious, power-packed muffin recipe. With a soft, tender base, a perfectly golden, crispy top, and an invigorating aroma, there is something so comforting about a good muffin, and we can never turn down a blueberry muffin at that. The Lifeway Farmer Cheese that we use in this bakery-quality breakfast packs in protein and probiotics while adding a subtly tangy flavor that perfectly complements the natural tartness of the fresh, juicy blueberries.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 45 mins Servings: 8-10
- For the muffins:
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- cinnamon to taste
- 3 tbsp. Vanilla Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup of whipped Farmer Cheese
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups blueberries
- Streusel Topping:
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Top it off with our Kefir Butter!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together streusel topping together and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients except blueberries in a blender; don't overmix.
- In a separate bowl, lightly coat the blueberries in a little more extra flour, just enough to coat. Then toss them into the batter and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into a muffin tin lined with liners. add streusel topping over each muffin. Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees, Fahrenheit and then lower to 375 and bake for another 20-25 minutes.
- Serve warm with Kefir Butter, recipe here! https://lifewaykefir.com/recipes/cultured-kefir-butter/