Be a wrap star in your kitchen with our recipe for these tasty Kefir Caesar Wraps. With Lifeway Kefir in the dressing, this is a lunch loaded with probiotics. And instead of chicken, which is traditionally found in a Caesar wrap, we use air-fried cauliflower-breaded chicken (we used the brand Caulipower). Besides being deliciously crispy on the outside and perfectly tender in the center, cauliflower is full of prebiotic fibers, which fuel the probiotics in our Lifeway Kefir, maximizing the support these live bacteria may give your gut.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 15 mins Servings: 2
- 2-3 pieces of Caulipower Chicken (cauliflower breaded chicken)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- shredded block of fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 cup, crumbled Farmer Cheese
- Low Carb, Low Cal tortilla or Gluten Free Tortilla
- Kefir Caesar Dressing:
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Air Fry Caulipower chicken to package description.
- Meanwhile, mix together all ingredients for the Kefir Caesar Dressing.
- In a bowl, mix together chopped romaine lettuce, and Kefir Caesar Dressing.
- On desired tortilla, layer chopped air fried caulipower chicken, romaine and Caesar mix, freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Wrap up and enjoy!