Munch on our Mexican Quinoa Wraps for lunch or as a fresh and easy dinner option tonight. On a toasted wheat flour tortilla, pile on black beans, corn, quinoa, avocado, tomato, cilantro, and our probiotic farmer cheese. They’re an excellent vegetarian option because quinoa and farmer cheese are both great sources of protein. Plus, they’re so simple to make, it’s as easy as uno, dos, tres!
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- 1/4 cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 1 tsp garlic powder, dived
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup black beans
- 1/4 cup corn
- 2 small tomato
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1 small avocado
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas
- mix together avocado, cilantro, 1/2 tsp salt, chopped 1/4 onion, and half of the lemon juice together, set aside
- however you cook the darn quinoa, do it
- make the slaw by tossing shredded cabbage with whole milk kefir, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- drain black beans and set aside
- mix farmer cheese and 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- chop tomatoes
- spread the avocado mix onto the middle of the wrap
- spread farmer cheese mix next to it
- layer with black beans, corn, tomato, quinoa, and slaw.
- wrap up and enjoy.