We’re so EGGcited because it’s Toast Tuesday! Our Egg Toast is a one-pan creation that is packed with #protein and reduces the number of dishes you have to clean afterwards. With hearty whole-grain bread, buttery eggs, tangy farmer cheese, and the herby notes of cilantro and chives, this five-ingredient recipe is truly satisfying. Bookmark, share, and make this toast!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 1 - 2
- 2 large or 3 small eggs, beaten with a pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 slice of grain bread
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Farmer Cheese
- 1 tbsp chive & cilantro, minced
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat, add butter and let it melt completely.
- Pour egg mixture and swirl to spread egg omelet evenly on the pan. Carefully dip and flip each half of bread slices to coating with egg. Lay them about 1-inch apart.
- When eggs are set, carefully flip it over. Cook about 30 seconds to 1 minute and fold all sides of egg into the middle, top of bread slices. Place farmer cheese and chopped herbs inside and fold them in half. Enjoy!
- Enjoy the recipe video on our Instagram & TikTok!