These Breakfast Tacos are filled to the brim with nutritious ingredients to support a happy mind, healthy body, and balanced gut. We loaded each tortilla with eggs (scrambled and sunny-side-up), black beans, tomato, green and orange bell peppers, onion, avocado, and our probiotic farmer cheese. Eggs have protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and HDL cholesterol, which is the good kind of cholesterol that supports heart health. Tomatoes are a good source of vitamin C, potassium, vitamin K, and folate. Bell peppers support eye health due to being high in antioxidants as well as immune health because they contain vitamin C. Avocados have healthy fats and prebiotic fiber to serve as food for the 12 live and active probiotic cultures in our farmer cheese, which may aid in diversifying the beneficial microbiota in the gut microbiome. Your body will thank you for taking the time to prepare delicious, gut-healthy meals.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system.
- Sauté peppers and onions till softened,
- Meanwhile heat the flour tortillas in a pan till warm and slightly crisp.
- Toss rinsed black beans in the pan of sautéed veggies.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl and add a splash of kefir. Add a pinch of kosher salt and add to a buttered pan. Cook until the eggs are softly cooked.
- Put a few beans and veggies in the bottom of a tortilla and add some scrambled egg. Then garnish with avocado, tomato, and Farmer Cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve with chopped cilantro, salsa, and diced raw onion, if desired.