Wrap Hack! Because trendy food tastes ten times better. That’s why we made a Philly Steak Wrap with farmer cheese, a gut-healthy version of the famous #TikTok tortilla that’s taking the internet by storm. It’s genius… make one cut from into the middle of the tortilla down to one edge, then evenly divide ingredients between the four quadrants:
Quadrant 1: shredded ribeye steak for protein and an excellent source of zinc.
Quadrant 2: baby bella mushrooms for phytonutrients to support immune health.
Quadrant 3: green pepper and onion for powerful antioxidants.
Quadrant 4: farmer cheese for 13 grams of protein per serving and 12 live and active probiotic cultures that may restore balance in the gut microbiome and support immunity.
Half the fun is folding the tortilla into a triangle for a clean, compact wrap that’s easy to eat and filled with yummy flavors. Grill it in a skillet or don’t wait and dig in!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1lb shredded ribeye steak
- 1 1/2 cup baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- large tortilla wraps
- 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese
- salt & pepper for taste
- In a saute pan over medium heat, olive oil. Once bubbling, add onion, bell pepper, mushroom and garlic. Cook till soft and lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook steak and brown it with some salt and pepper!
- Cut the tortilla: Lay your tortilla out on a cutting board. Take a knife and make a cut from the middle of the tortilla down to the edge.
- Make the wrap: Place the Farmer Cheese in one quarter, the steak in another quarter, veggies another quarter, and nothing in the last quarter.
- Fold the wrap: Fold the wrap up, starting from the bottom left quarter, folding it up over the top left, then folding it over to the top right, then folding it down to the bottom right.
- Grill your wrap in a panini press or place it in a pan and cook both sides till crunchy and golden! Enjoy!