Crunchy celery, sweet cranberries and tangy kefir are the perfect dressing for shredded organic chicken in our Probiotic Chicken Salad. We like serving it on crisp apple rounds, but feel free to scoop it into a lettuce leaf, smooth it over your favorite soft bread or eat it straight from the bowl! Not into meat? It’s great with cooked chickpeas, too!
- 1/2 cup Lifeway Apple Pear Cobbler Perfect12 Kefir
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- 1 Tbsp shallot, minced
- ½ Tbsp dried sweetened cranberries
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup roasted chopped cashews
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add kefir (starting with 1/3 cup), shallot, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper each. Stir well to combine.
- Add chopped cashews, cranberries, celery and chicken. Stir well, adding additional kefir, if needed. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.