The hottest ticket of the summer is a trip to your kitchen with our Probiotic Era Smoothie (Lifeway’s version). This enchanted blend of berries, bananas, pineapple, and mango is loaded with Lifeway Kefir for probiotics and protein to help you shake off the week and make you the hero.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 15 mins Servings: 2
- Pink Layer:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup Strawberry Lowfat Kefir
- 1/2 banana
- Purple Layer:
- 1 scoop of acai powder
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- 1 cup Blueberry Lowfat Kefir
- 1/2 banana
- Blue layer:
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup additional Blueberry Lifeway Low-Fat Kefir
- 1 tsp. blue spirulina powder
- Yellow Layer:
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- Blend together each layer separately. In your favorite glass, pour the pink layer of the smoothie into about 1/3 of the glass. Top with the purple, yellow, and blue smoothie. For each layer, slightly swirl them together before you place in another layer.
- Top with coconut flakes, edible sparkles, vegan/natural sprinkles, and enjoy!