Oven-roasted grapes and caramelized onion farmer cheese spread over crunchy bread is a recipe for a delicious Toast Tuesday. The slightly blistered and sweet grapes burst with flavor in every bite, allowing the floral notes of the red wine to balance out the tanginess of the farmer cheese spread. The bright flavors of this recipe will transport you to Napa Valley! Book a tasty getaway by visiting the recipe below!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 2-4
- 3 cups red or black seedless grapes
- 2 tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- black pepper
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 8oz Farmer Cheese
- 2-4 slices of hearty bread
- Caramelized Onion and Farmer Cheese: Cut your onion in half and slice in into half rings. Over medium heat, melt down your butter and then add onions. Sauté for about 15 minutes until the onions become caramel in color, but not stiff or fried.
- With a hand mixer, beat onions, farmer cheese, and kefir until smooth.
- Roasted Grapes: Place your grapes on a baking sheet and sprinkle sugar over them. Pour a cup of red wine over the grapes and throw some pepper over them. Roast for 45 minutes.
- Toast your bread, and top with caramelized onion and farmer cheese, and roasted grapes. Garnish with rosemary leaves and honey.