Tahini is a healthy spread made from sesame seeds. The nutty taste makes it a versatile ingredient that works with a wide array of recipes, like our Salted Chocolate Chip Tahini Cookies.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = a Healthy You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular.
Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive system. The gut plays an integral role in protecting you against pathogens and viruses. Just as your skin protects you against foreign invaders on the outside, your gut lining protects you on the inside.
We recommend getting probiotics from foods that are naturally rich in good bacteria which are more easily digested and absorbed than supplements or foods that contain added probiotics. Furthermore, fermented and cultured foods may also have added health benefits (such as prebiotics) that can help incorporate and utilize the probiotics in your gut.Servings: 15
- ¼ whipped Farmer Cheese
- 2.5 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup tahini
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup each, dark + white chocolate chips
- flaked sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix in the tahini, coconut sugar, vanilla, farmer cheese (that you whipped till smoothie before) & eggs in a bowl until a smooth consistency.
- Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Add a 1-2 tbsp of dough onto a lined baking tray.
- Roll them into balls and flatten them with a back of a fork.
- Sprinkle sea salt over cookies.
- Place them into the oven for 12-15 minutes. The longer the baking time, the more crisp the cookies will come out.
- Let them cool & enjoy with glass of kefir!