We were in a real twist and couldn’t decide between #ToastTuesday and #NationalPretzelDay, so we decided to weave the two together 🥨 For bonus points, we folded in our favorite spread with our Spring Hummus and Pretzel Toast #recipe. First, we made the hummus with our #probiotic Farmer Cheese. The mild flavor of our cheese enhances this iconic Middle Eastern dip while enriching it with an extra dose of muscle-building #protein. We spread the hummus over toasted sourdough and add a chopped-up medley of pretzels, cucumber, and parsley. We love the crunch and we think you will too! Head to the link in our bio for the recipe and find out for yourself.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 2 cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup Farmer Cheese
- 1 garlic bulb, roasted
- 1 tsp salt, more for taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, more for taste
- 2 tsp Everything bagel seasoning
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels (gluten free)
- Olive oil for topping
- 1/4 cup dried red chilli flakes
- Farmer Cheese for crumbles
- Sourdough bread (gluten free)
- Roast garlic bulb with a bunch of olive oil (coat the bulb very well) in a preheated 350 oven for 20 mins.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, farmer cheese, roasted garlic, salt, pepper, everything bagel seasoning until well blended (no lumps)
- Toast sourdough bread. Meanwhile, chop cucumbers, parsley, and chop pretzels with a food chopper.
- Spread hummus over toast, and top with chopped cucumbers, parsley, pretzels, pine nuts, red chilli flakes, farmer cheese crumbles, extra salt, pepper, everything bagel seasoning and olive oil.