Home is where the hummus is! Celebrate International Hummus Day with our vibrant and earthy Roasted Beet Hummus. This bright and gorgeous hummus is full of protein and probiotics. We blended together beets, chickpeas, and our farmer cheese to create a dip to help support the microbiome and a healthy immune system, talk about versatility! What would you pair this hummus spread with?
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 1 large red beet, scrub the outside of it and peel the skin
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup Farmer Cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt, more for taste
- 1 tsp black pepper, more for taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- mint leaves, chia seeds, and olive oil (for serving)
- Preheat oven to 425°. Wrap beet in foil and place on a baking sheet. Roast until a fork slides easily into the center of the beet, 65 minutes. Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Once cooled, cube up the beet.
- Add cooked beet, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, Farmer Cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and coriander in a food processor until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves, chia seeds, and olive oil.