Embrace your inner Wonka and take a bite out of the cup, our Watermelon Toast Cups to be exact! This Toast Tuesday recipe is creative, fresh, and packed with nutritional benefits like probiotics, potassium, and protein. With the crispness of watermelon, tangy farmer cheese, and sweet balsamic glaze, everyone in the family will enjoy this refreshing summer treat.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 4-6
- a handful of bread crumbles
- 1/2 avocado
- 3 basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt (or more for taste)
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 1/4 cup Farmer Cheese
- Cube bread of choice and toss with olive oil, salt, and garlic powder and place in the oven (350 degrees) till golden brown. Around 10 mins.
- Toss diced avocado, salt, basil leaves, and farmer cheese together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Stuff your slightly hollowed-out watermelon chunks with the filling and top with bread crumbles and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Garnish with micro basil or thyme leaves.
- For Hollowing Out Watermelon Watch Video: https://tasty.co/recipe/watermelon-feta-salad-cups