Baking is one of the closest things we have to magic. From organizing your ingredients to flipping through your recipe books, it’s a ritual that creates a sacred experience when you’re making something with love. Our gluten-free Chocolate Hazelnut Kefir Muffins embrace that wholesome dedication.
Not Just Oat Milk: Cultured Oat Milk Benefits to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion. Studies have also shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, a combination of fiber and probiotics is even more beneficial for the gut, immune system, and for brain health due to the way this combination strengthens the microbiome, the powerhouse system of your entire health. This is where Lifeway Oat is so beneficial since it is an organic, cultured oat milk beyond just another standard oat milk. Lifeway Oat contains both fiber and probiotics to help support a healthier body and brain, which means an overall healthier you.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Servings: 10
- ½ cup Strawberry Oat
- 2 cups Flaxseed
- 1½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tin with parchment or silicone liners.
- Combine the Lifeway Strawberry Oat, flaxseed and vanilla extract in a large blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the almond meal, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, baking powder, and salt and blend again.
- If your batter is overly thick, add a tablespoon or two of water until it is thin enough to scoop out of the blender.
- Divide the mixture amount the prepared muffin cups and sprinkle the tops with the chopped hazelnuts. Press lightly into the batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until the muffins have risen and are firm to the touch.