Levántate y brilla. Rise and shine. Give your Saturday morning the boost it needs with our cold brew coconut smoothie. Each sip is ridiculously creamy, full of coffee flavor, and the perfect balance of bittersweet. The fair trade Arabica beans used by High Brew Coffee mixed with our kefir makes this recipe more than a caffeine fix.
Cold Brew Benefits
Cold brew is a potent concentrate of soaked coffee beans that drip for 12 to 24 hours. The final stage is mixing the dark brew with water or creamer to balance the bold flavor. Cold brew is known to have lower acidity than coffee, making it easier on your stomach. “Another reason why this beverage may be less irritating than hot coffee is its content of crude polysaccharides. These carbohydrates, or chains of sugar molecules, boost the immunity of your digestive system. This may decrease gut irritation and the bothersome effects of coffee’s acidity on your stomach.”
The Cold Brew Method
High Brew Coffee is made from 100% Direct Trade Arabica beans from Columbia that are cold brewed over time, here is their process:
- Premium Beans: They start by selecting the finest beans from Colombia.
- Roast: A light-medium roast is applied to the beans, enhancing their natural flavor.
- Grind: They coarsely grind the beans, for cleaner filtration post brewing process.
- Soak: The grounds are soaked in ambient temperature, filtered water for hours, never using any heat.
- Patience: By letting time extract the flavor of the beans, instead of heat, their coffee gets that smooth, sweeter, bold taste that’s never bitter.
- Filter: They filter out the grounds, resulting in twice the caffeine & less acidity than traditional hot brew coffee.
- Finish: Depending on the flavor, they mix the brew in reduced fat milk, natural cane sugar, and natural flavor.
Cultured Dairy Benefits
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached.