You’ve had garlic bread, but have you ever had Garlic Farmer Cheese Aioli Toast? This plate combines the kick of fresh roasted garlic with the bite of lemon and herbs and blends them into a creamy spread that’s loaded with probiotics thanks to Lifeway Farmer Cheese. We spread the aioli on crispy toasted whole wheat and round out the recipe with roasted tomato and sliced avocado. Our versatile handcrafted cheese really shines here because it pulls the flavors together, making each bite an experience to remember.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 30 mins Servings: 2-4
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Whole Wheat Toast (or your favorite bread)
- 1 sliced tomato, roasted
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- To roast the garlic, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the top off the garlic bulb. Place the bulb in aluminum foil and drizzle olive oil on top. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Once the garlic is roasted, put the cloves into a hand blender cup along with Lifeway Farmer Cheese, lemon juice, and pepper. Mix with a hand blender until smooth.
- To roast tomatoes, slice them, top with garlic powder, salt/pepper and put into an air fryer at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Toast 2 slices of whole wheat bread, top with garlic kefir aioli. Top one toast with roasted tomatoes, and the other with sliced avocado. Top with salt and pepper to taste, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!