We put our heart and soul into these Lemon Coconut Tarts, an indulgent treat made with wholesome, all-natural ingredients. The tropical citrus and coconut flavors in the cream filling melt in your mouth and the crust gives each bite a satisfying crunch. The ingredients include cashews for heart-healthy fats and plant-based protein; almonds and dates for antioxidants to protect cells in the body from oxidative stress and inflammation; coconut oil to raise the body’s HDL cholesterol in the blood, which is good cholesterol that your body needs for a healthy heart; and lemon kefir for 12 live and active probiotic cultures to help support the gut microbiome. For beautiful presentation, each tart is garnished with a slice of grapefruit (or a slice of orange for a variety of bright colors) and a sprinkling of sesame seeds. You’re going to want to keep this recipe on hand for when Thanksgiving rolls around.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, if needed
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 cup Lemon Whole Milk Kefir
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup cashews (soaked in boiling water for 45mins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- To make the crust: blend the dry ingredients into a flour texture in a food processor, then add the remaining ingredients and process into a thick dough; it's fine if it's crumbly, but the mixture should hold its shape when pressing.
- To make the filling: blend all ingredients until smooth. Adjust according to taste preferences. Pour evenly into your tarts crusts and leave in the fridge to set overnight. Garnish with orange slices and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy!
- Garnish: Sliced orange and red grapefruit + black sesame seeds