There is nothing better than visiting a pumpkin patch and going home to make pie. Our mini pumpkin pie tarts allow you to indulge without the guilt. These holiday inspired treats are made with pumpkin puree, farmer cheese, pumpkin spice, and coconut sugar. There’s no need to slice when you have a whole pie to yourself!
- Rich in fiber, which will help you feel fuller for longer! One cup of canned pumpkin contains seven grams of fiber.
- Low in calories – fewer than 30 calories per serving.
- Full of vitamin A, which is critical for healthy vision and a strong immune system. One cup of raw pumpkin delivers nearly double your daily vitamin A needs.
- One cup contains 2.5mg of lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants have been shown to reduce the risk of chronic eye diseases.
- May protect Type-1 diabetics by helping to lower high-blood sugar. A recent Chinese study found that extract of the Asian pumpkin helped protect the pancreatic cells of type-1 diabetics from further damage.
- A good source of vitamin C for immunity.
- The seeds are rich in cancer-fighting antioxidants, minerals zinc, magnesium, copper, and phosphorus. Simply rinse them off after carving, pat dry, toss with olive oil and salt, and roast at 350°F for 20 minutes.
The probiotics in kefir may help support a healthy gut, where 70-80 percent of the cells that make up the immune system are located. The live and active probiotic cultures found in kefir may help support digestion. We’ve discussed before how our brain and gut communicate with each other. Scientists previously thought there was a one-way communication between the brain and the gut, but now realize that it’s a two-way line. Basically, your gut, which is comprised of millions of neurons called the enteric nervous system, is also talking back to your brain.
- ¼ Farmer Cheese
- 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 pack mini graham cracker pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk eggs over medium heat. Mix in the pumpkin puree and vanilla until the texture is even and smooth.
- Add in the pie spice, coconut sugar, and salt. Continue mixing over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, then mix in the Farmer Cheese until the texture is smooth.
- Pour pumpkin filling mixture into each pie crust and bake for about 20 minutes (or until tops have browned).
- Let cool and enjoy!