Our Peanut Butter Strawberry Kefir Smoothie modernizes your favorite childhood flavor. With 11 grams of protein per cup and 12 different probiotic cultures, our Strawberry Kefir is the perfect base for a healthy smoothie that tastes indulgent.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Servings: 2-3
- 2 cups Strawberry Lowfat Kefir
- 8 fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 medium banana, sliced and frozen
- small pinch of sea salt
- strawberry and crushed roasted peanuts to garnish
- Clean the strawberries and remove the green tops. Slice them in half and add them to the pitcher of a food processor or blender. Pulse until thick. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the chia seeds. Set aside to gel.
- Clean the pitcher and add the kefir, banana and peanut butter. Blend on high until smooth, or until desired consistency is reached, adding more kefir or ice, if needed.
- To serve: divide the strawberry chia seed mixture into two to three glasses. Pour over the smoothie and garnish with crushed peanuts, strawberries and chia seeds, if desired. Serve with a spoon or a wide straw and enjoy!