Take a trip to Tuscany with the flavors of our tomato toast with herbed farmer cheese. The tanginess of the sourdough bread and creamy farmer cheese compliments the sweet acidity of cherry tomatoes. Before you take a bite into this healthy snack, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to add a richness to the bold flavors. The healthy fats from the olive oil helps absorb all the vitamin C from the tomatoes, a combination that helps promote healthy skin.
Herbed Farmer Cheese
- ¾ cup Farmer Cheese
- 2 tbsp basil
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt + pepper to taste
- sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- flaky sea salt + black pepper
- fresh rosemary
- To make the herbed farmer cheese fold basil, thyme leaves, oregano, and lemon juice into farmer cheese.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until evenly mixed.
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread a generous layer of herbed farmer cheese over toast - add a few tomato slices on top.
- Sprinkle with chives, rosemary, sesame seeds, sea salt, black pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over toasts to finish.