If you’re looking to upgrade your dinner tonight, look no further. We’ve partnered with Maya Kaimal to bring you a delicious fusion recipe full of flavor that you can re-create!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 5-6
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups cauliflower
- 1lb cheese tortellini or Fagottoni
- 1/2 cup Organic Plain Whole Milk Kefir
- 1/2 jar (or more) of Butter Masala
- Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Fagottoni according to package directions until al dente. Drain, and put in a nonstick pan or skillet.
- Preheat oven to 345 degrees. On a roasting pan, add your broccoli and cauliflower. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
- Add 1/2 a jar of butter masala (or more according to preference), kefir, roasted veggies, and spinach to the cooked tortellini. Cook until hot but do not boil.
- In the meantime, poach an egg
- Serve with chopped basil, oregano, poached egg, salt, pepper, and olive oil.