Pressed for time?⏱️ Here’s a full, healthy meal that takes fewer than thirty minutes to prepare: a veggie medley elevated by probiotic pesto. The secret is our Farmer Cheese. It gives the pesto that perfectly piquant taste that makes it delicious and adds the benefit of #probiotics to support a healthy gut. We blend the Farmer Cheese with olive oil, basil, parsley, cilantro, and pine nuts and drizzle it over a bed of roasted vegetables. That’s all there is to it. And it’s sublime.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- Broccoli Florets
- Garlic Cloves
- Snap Peas
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Sweet Potatos
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
- ranch seasoning packet
- Pesto Ingredients
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Pesto: Blend together 1/2 tbsp olive oil, basil, parsley, cilantro, pine nuts, farmer cheese, and salt. set in fridge until everything else is ready.
- Preheat a convention oven to 350 degrees on roast. Cut the broccoli, zucchini, and sweet potato into chunks. Toss them in olive oil, salt, pepper, and ranch season. Roast veggies for 18-20 mins or until veggies start to become soft.
- Layer in your meal prep bowl with the cooked veggies, snap peas, extra pine nuts, and pesto. Drizzle pesto over veggies when ready to eat and enjoy!