This is soda-licious! We’re getting our float-fix on and taking the healthier route with our recipe for Vanilla Bean and Orange Ice Cream Soda. We start by making a yummy no-churn frozen treat with our Lifeway Vanilla Whole Milk Kefir. This gives the dish a smooth and creamy consistency while boosting it with protein and probiotics. We scoop the frozen kefir into a tall glass, fill the glass with an Orange Cream probiotic soda, and then top it off with fresh oranges. It’s easy! The only challenge we have is deciding whether we want to dig into this dessert with a spoon or a straw. 🤔
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Our Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 10 mins Servings: 5-6
- 2⅓ cup Vanilla Whole Milk Kefir Vanilla Whole Milk Kefir
- If vegan, substitute with 2 1/3 cup Vanilla Oat
- 6oz. can sweet condensed milk
- If vegan, substitute with 6oz Vanilla Oat
- 2⅓ cups heavy cream or canned coconut cream
- 1 whole vanilla bean, split and seeded
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch fine salt
- For the Vanilla Bean Frozen Kefir, whisk together the vanilla kefir (or Vanilla Oat), sweet condensed milk (or second part of vanilla oat), vanilla (bean + extract), and salt in a large bowl, set aside.
- Whisk the cream (coconut or heavy cream) with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form (about 2 mins).
- Add the kefir (or lifeway oat) mixture and whisk together until combined.
- Pour into a chilled freezer-safe container and cover. Freeze 4-5 hours until firm.
- Pour oil pop orange cream over vanilla bean frozen kefir
- Top with oranges