Protein smoothies are great, but let’s add some variety to your recovery meals with pasta! We teamed up with Explore Cuisine to create a Winter Goddess Pasta. It has clean, all-natural ingredients with powerful protein content. Their organic edamame spaghetti has 24 grams of plant-based protein per 2oz serving. We tossed it in a pesto sauce made with our farmer cheese that has 13 grams of protein per serving and our lowfat kefir that has 11 grams of protein per serving. Bonus points: the farmer cheese and kefir have 12 live and active probiotic cultures to help support a healthy gut microbiome.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 fennel bulb, cooked and cubed (save the fennel fronds for topping)
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/2 cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- fresh basil leaves
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients for the “Pesto Recipe” together until smooth
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut up bell peppers recipe into desired slice size, place on baking sheet and drizzle olive oil and salt over top. Cook in oven for 7-10 minutes
- Cook the pasta according to the box directions
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, transfer over to a large mixing bowl, pour the pesto blend over top the pasta, add in the roasted peppers, and mix.
- Top with basil, olive oil, and crushed red pepper flakes