Lifeway is more than just a kefir company. At the heart of our business is the mission to help people lead healthier, happier lives. We recognize that racism is a public health crisis, and feel it is vital that we all help lift and heal our communities, especially those that have long been impacted by structural inequalities.
We pledge to continue to step up the ways in which we elevate and celebrate black members of the health and wellness space. It’s important for brands to give a platform and financial support to amplify black voices, and our partners include some of the amazing chefs, fitness trainers, healers, and yoga teachers who we’re so grateful to have in our community. As a new component of our IG Live sessions, we are holding fundraisers for an organization of each partner’s choice. In total, we have donated over $10,000 throughout the last few weeks to support a variety of social justice, community building, and wellness initiatives.
- BLD PWR – $1,000
- Philadelphia Bail Fund – $500
- Chicago Bond Fund – $500
- Black Healers Connect – $500
- My Block, My Hood, My City – $500
- Lawrence Hall Chicago – $500
- The Loveland Foundation – $2,250
- Deeply Rooted Dance Theater – $500
- Impact Culinary – $500
- Breonna Taylor Go Fund Me – $500
- George Floyd Go Fund Me – $500
- Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation – $500
- East New York Farms – $500
- The Common Ground Foundation – $500
- Total funds donated as of 7/20/2020 – $10,200
Discover and Connect to Amplify
Below are some of the amazing content creators we’ve partnered with to bring you high-intensity workouts, cooking demonstrations, yoga flows, soothing sound baths, and more. If you like what you see, we encourage you to show your support by following and supporting them on social media. We’ve got a gut feeling you’re going to love them!
Monique Davis – Yoga instructor + PE Teacher in Hartford, CT – ‘Flow with Mo’ + ‘Yoga 4 Youth’
EJ Okolo – Fitness Trainer at Train Elite – Philly area
- Fundraiser: Philadelphia Bail Fund
- IG handle: @ej_trainelite
- IGTV: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAJSi9Png-B/
Rashia Bell – Founder of Natural Energy Wellness Co
Cory Rice – Chicago-based Culinary Chef
- Fundraiser: Chicago Bond Fund & Official George Floyd Memorial Fund
- IG Handle: @chefcoreyrice
- IGTV: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBYmFS5DoL2/
Brian Jupiter – Local Chicago Chef – Chef of Frontier & Ina Mae Tavern & Packaged Goods
Faith Hunter – Meditation & Yoga Instructor, Founder/CEO of Embrace Yoga DC and Embrace Om
Brandon Copeland – Founder of Khepera Wellness and President of Black Boys OM, Inc.
- Fundraiser: Boris Lawrence Henson Foundation
- IG Handle: @brandoflows
- IGTV: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBvoMB2lB8H/
Heather Archer – Co-founder of BlackHealersConnect
- Awareness: Black Healers Connect
- IG Handle: @thriving_with_heather
- IGTV: https://www.instagram.com/thriving_with_heather/
Miriam Parker – Meditation & Yoga instructor at NYC studio, Three Jewels
Join us in being part of the world’s reformation by having the important conversations with friends and family, educating yourself, and most importantly, by taking a step back and listening to the voices of those whose lived experiences have been traditionally overlooked and underappreciated. There’s a lot of work to be done, but we’re all in this together.