Mango Kefir + Farmer Cheese = Pure Happiness. We have a yummy no-bake recipe that only needs a little time in the freezer, and is packed with protein and probiotics! Interested? Then you are going to love our Coconut Mango Cheesecake Bites. Zesty, tangy, and just the right amount of sweet, these bite-sized treats are a perfect way to cool down from the summer heat. Visit the link in our bio for the recipe because you’re going to want to make this.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 cup dates (about 8 dates)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup dates (about 4 dates)
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/2 cup Mango Lowfat Kefir
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- lemon zest, for garnish
- mango thinly sliced, for garnish
- To prepare the crust: Pulse everything together. Press the crust mixture into the prepared baking dish, and place in the freezer to set while preparing the filling, or for at least 15 minutes.
- To prepare the filling: Add the farmer cheese, dates, kefir, honey, lemon juice, vanilla extract, and salt to a blender. Process until completely combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the frozen crust and spread in an even layer. Cover lightly with parchment. Freeze until set, at least 8 hours.
- Remove from freezer when ready to eat, and cut into bars. Top with thinly cut mango slices and lemon zest, if desired.