Layer up with tart cranberries, creamy frozen kefir and our seasonal Cranberry Crème Brûlée kefir! This easy no-bake fruit bar makes a healthy and delicious dessert or afternoon snack!Prep Time: 10 minutes Servings: 4-6
- 1 pint Original Frozen Kefir
- 1¼ cup Cranberry Crème Brulee Lowfat Kefir
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1½ cup frozen/fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 4g agar agar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Blend dates, walnuts, almonds, and coconut in a food processor until a sticky paste or dough forms. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9x5 pan lined with parchment paper. Chill in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Layer frozen kefir on top of the crust and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl and sprinkle the agar agar powder over top. Let sit until the powder softens, about 3-5 minutes.
- Puree cranberries until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Combine cranberry puree and sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until bubbles form at the edge. Add agar agar mixture and cook, stirring constantly, just until it dissolves, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and set aside 1/2 cup for the top cranberry glaze.
- Let cool to room temperature and then beat in the cranberry kefir until fully incorporated
- Layer the cranberry mousse on top of the date nut crust and tap gently to release any bubbles. Freeze it for at least 3 hours. Once set, spread cranberry glaze on top of mixture, freeze again for 30 minutes.