Our Easy Peach Protein Pancakes are the perfect solution to breakfast boredom! So if you’re in a morning meal rut, we’re here to help with something new featuring Lifeway Oat and Lifeway Farmer Cheese. Both are packed with goodness and work great together in pancake recipes for the ultimate taste and texture. Plus, Lifeway Farmer Cheese offers a complete source of protein while Lifeway Oat has prebiotic fiber. Both help keep you full and fueled, plus they taste terrific and are gluten-free. Serve these up and enjoy!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole-fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a unique trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates that are a source of fiber that is naturally found in a variety of plant foods[b]. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to ensure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems. Lifeway Oat contains both prebiotics and probiotics for optimal gut and brain health.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 4-6
- 1/3 cup Peaches Oat
- 1/4 cup Farmer Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. butter or vegan butter alternative
- 2 tsp. of maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tbsp. ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup coconut or almond flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped canned peaches in 100% juice with no sugar added
- Toppings: fresh peach slices, sliced almonds or shredded unsweetened coconut, drizzle of honey or maple
- Add Peach Lifeway Oat, Lifeway Farmer Cheese, 2 eggs, butter, maple syrup, and vanilla to a bowl and blend with a hand mixer until all whipped up. Drain the peaches from the juice, then add in the 1/2 cup of canned peaches and blend again with the hand mixer.
- In a separate bowl, add the coconut flour (or almond flour), vanilla protein powder, flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, then stir all together and remove any lumps with a fork until all sifted together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and blend it all again with a hand mixer. It will thicken a bit as it sits, so let it sit for 2-3 minutes while you preheat your skillet on medium-high heat.
- Spray a skillet with non-stick spray over medium-high heat and add the pancake batter 1/3 cup at a time with a mixing scoop. Cook each side until golden brown, and then add to 2 plates, and add your toppings. Enjoy!