We’re going to spice things up today with a recipe for our Crispy Broccoli and Farmer Cheese Tahini Spicy Noodles. It’s a fiery blend of rice noodles, broccoli, and a mix of herbs, seasonings, and spices. We garnished this dish with sesame seeds, red pepper flakes, and Lifeway Farmer Cheese. Our small-batch cheese is an easy way to elevate any meal and boost it with probiotics and protein. Research suggests that probiotics may help balance your microbiome, improve immunity, and support mental well-being. What’s not to love?
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 6-8
- 3 tbsp gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/2 cup Plain Lowfat Kefir
- **to make vegan, use 1/2 cup
- 2-3 cup tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 tbsp hot chili paste
- 2-4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 large head broccoli, chopped into florets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 ounces rice noodles
- red pepper flakes
- toasted sesame seeds
- Farmer Cheese
- Whisk together Kefir (or Lifeway Oat) soy sauce, tahini, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, hot chili paste, and water together. until Thin
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in broccoli florets, season with salt and pepper. Cook 6-8 minutes or until broccoli is slightly tender. You want the broccoli to be slightly charred.
- Make rice noodles according to package while the broccoli is cooking.
- Add cooked broccoli in a bowl with cooked rice noodles and tahini sauce. Garnish with Farmer cheese chunks, sesame seeds and extra red pepper flakes.