Keep calm and curry on with our Curry Roasted Cauliflower Sweet Potato Toast. For this recipe, we spread our probiotic-packed Lifeway Farmer Cheese over slices of toasted sweet potato and then top everything with baked cauliflower. A medley of seasonings and spices gives the cauliflower a fiery kick, but that heat is balanced by our cool and tangy farmer cheese. The combination creates a complex flavor profile that is sure to excite.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 5-6
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 large sweet potatoes
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp red cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Top with green onion, chopped cranberries, cilantro, and parsley.
- Chop head of cauliflower up into smaller pieces of florets.
- Slice sweet potatoes vertically to look like pieces of toast. Drizzle some olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over them.
- In a 350 degree preheated oven, place the sweet potato slices and roast for 30 minutes, or until softened.
- Toss cauliflower in olive oil, curry powder, turmeric, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, red cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and put in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is softened.
- Mix together farmer cheese with 1/2 tsp garlic powder and dried parsley.
- Once everything is roasted, slather farmer cheese mixture on the sweet potato slices, layer roasted cauliflower, and top with green onion, chopped cranberries, cilantro, and parsley. Enjoy!