Looking for the next big thing? Our Farmer Cheese Board is a fresh, new take on the popular butter board trend. Do you prefer sweet or savory? Either way, we have you covered. On one side of the board is a blend of green onions, cremini mushrooms, and smoky seasonings. On the other is a mix of apples, cinnamon, walnuts, and brown sugar. The best part is that both sides are loaded with probiotics and protein thanks to Lifeway Farmer Cheese, so your body will love it all. Check out the recipe below for this incredible recipe!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole-fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
- Savory Side:
- 8oz Farmer Cheese
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. liquid smoke
- 8oz. cremini mushrooms
- whole grain bread
- Sweet Side:
- 8oz Farmer Cheese
- 2 Chopped Apples
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Rye Bread
- Drizzle over everything:
- 2 tbsp. pure cane sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan Gum, Bob's Red Mill gluten-free used here
- For the savory side of the Farmer Cheese Board, slice mushrooms and toss them with olive oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, and liquid smoke.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in mushrooms tossed in marinade and fry for 5-10 mins. Don't stir too often, but don't let them burn. You will want them to sit over the heat with the marinade, this will allow the mushrooms to absorb more flavor. Set aside to cool
- Mix together Farmer Cheese, grated cheese, and spread on a board. Chop the mushrooms up into smaller pieces and top over farmer cheese, top with chopped green onions.
- For the sweet side, mix together farmer cheese and brown sugar. Spread on board and top with chopped apples, cinnamon, and chopped walnuts.
- In a food processor, blend together all ingredients for the drizzle and drizzle over the whole farmer cheese board.
- Scoop with appropriate bread and enjoy.