This delicious Farmer Cheese Butternut Squash White Pizza is a probiotic, protein powerhouse. It’s made with Lifeway Farmer Cheese, rich in probiotic live cultures and is a complete source of protein. Try it on your next pizza for a new healthy twist on an old favorite recipe!
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole-fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a unique trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates that are a source of fiber that is naturally found in a variety of plant foods[b]. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to ensure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems. Lifeway Oat contains both prebiotics and probiotics for optimal gut and brain health.Servings: 1 pizza
- 1 butternut squash (or cauliflower) pizza crust
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1½ tsp kosher salt, divided
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, halves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400F.
- Follow instructions to pre-bake butternut squash crust.
- In a small pan over medium heat, cook the garlic in a splash of olive oil until it softens (about 2 minutes).
- In a small bowl, mix together the farmer cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, and cooked garlic. Spread the mixture on the crust, leaving about 1 inch of dough on all sides.
- Sprinkle the dried thyme, basil, and add tomatoes over the butternut squash crust.
- Add remaining salt and parmesan.
- Bake the pizza for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with fresh basil as desired.