Kissed by the sun, this recipe for Garlic Sun-Dried Tomato Farmer Cheese Pasta is creamy, hearty, and pasta-tively amazing. Made with just a handful of ingredients, this cozy and comforting dish is an easy-to-make masterpiece. We love the sharp bite of sun-dried tomatoes, especially mixed in with soft pasta and tangy Lifeway Farmer Cheese. Our cheese is an adaptable ingredient that enhances a diverse range of recipes, but with pasta, it really shines.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole fat milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health. Lifeway Farmer Cheese is also a great source of all these nutrients, just in a different format for all the cheese lovers out there.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates that are a source of fiber that are naturally found in a variety of plant foods[b]. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems. Lifeway Oat contains both prebiotics and probiotics for optimal gut and brain health.Prep Time: 25 mins Servings: 6-8
- 1 jar Sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 package of Delallo spirali pasta
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Farmer Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, finely chopped
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, add in oil from sun-dried tomato jar. Add in sun-dried tomatoes, minced garlic, fresh thyme, oregano, rosemary and salt/pepper. Cook until tomatoes are softened. Add i n balsamic vinegar and cook another minute. Add in vegetable stock and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta to package directions.
- Stir in the cream to the vegetable stock mix. Transfer to a blender, add in the 1/4 cup farmer cheese and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the dutch oven along with the blended sauce. Add in grated parmesan cheese and stir until all warmed up over low heat.
- Plate the pasta with chunks of Farmer Cheese, olive oil, salt/pepper, parsley, and more parmesan cheese. Enjoy!