Grab your heaviest baking sheet and prepare to build some muscle with these Farmer Cheese Protein Brownies. This easy-to-make recipe uses a blend of Lifeway Kefir and Lifeway Farmer Cheese in the batter for an absolutely perfect, gooey cake. We add collagen and protein powder to the mix to give our muscles, skin, hair, and bones a little extra love. Last, we top with more Lifeway Farmer Cheese to create the delicious swirls that make this treat look as wonderful as it tastes.
Cultured Dairy: The Nutrition Benefits You Actually Need to Know
With increasing research linking the correlation between probiotics, gut health, and immunity, it’s no secret that the integrity of our gut is vital to our health. Although additional factors such as stress, antibiotic usage, and individual health conditions can contribute to the condition of our gut, a focus on healthy food choices is one of the easiest ways to support the microbiome.
Several studies have shown a strong association between the gut-brain-microbiota. Probiotics introduced to the gut have been found to support immunity, improve allergies, and improve digestion.
Studies have shown that reduced diversity of healthy gut bacteria during early years is associated with an increase in food allergies during school-age years. In addition, kefir made from whole milk helps absorb key nutrients such as Vitamins A, D, E, and K. Vitamin K is important because it helps your bones absorb calcium. It’s important to know that kefir contains a special trio: vitamin D, K, and calcium – all three crucial elements to support bone health.
Prebiotics + Probiotics = A Healthier You
Prebiotics are non-living, non-digestible carbohydrates naturally found in a variety of fiber-rich plant foods. Your body actually can’t digest prebiotics, so they’re what probiotics feed off of to remain actively working in your digestive system. They help the digestive system by promoting the growth of good bacteria. Prebiotics and probiotics work together in balance to make sure our digestive system stays on track and regular. Research has found that consuming a variety of prebiotic and probiotic food sources may improve your body’s natural functions, including both your immune and digestive systems.Prep Time: 30 mins Servings: 9
- 1 scoop of unflavored collagen peptides powder
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 cup natural cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (protein heavy, low carb)
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Whole Milk Kefir
- 1 cup, divided Farmer Cheese
- 5 egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- For Farmer Cheese Mix-in
- 1 cup of additional Lifeway Farmer Cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line an 8x8 brownie pan with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk collagen powder, cocoa powder, gluten free flour, cane sugar and baking soda.
- In a standing mixer, whisk together peanut butter, Organic Whole Milk Lifeway Vanilla Kefir, 1/2 cup Lifeway Farmer Cheese, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Gently fold in dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Add to baking sheet and set aside.
- In a food processor, blend together 1/2 cup Farmer Cheese, vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the farmer cheese protein mixture into the brownie mixture. Swirl with a knife until you have a fun pattern.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!